Phosphate-binding algae control
(€ 23,00 / kg, Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Combats heavy algae infestations
- Lowers the phosphate content
- 6-week slow release effect
Item no.: SOE-80494, Content: 10 kg, EAN: 4021028108987
Plants need phosphate for the formation of new cells. While a small amount is sufficient for aquatic plants, algae need a large amount of phosphate to thrive. Algae infestations in water are therefore usually associated with an increased phosphate content in the water.
PhosLock by Söll is the strongest phosphate binder in the world according to the manufacturer. The mineral formulation contains no heavy metals and is harmless to fish, plants and other pond dwellers when used correctly in the right amounts. PhosLock prevents nutrients in pond sludge from breaking down by binding the phosphate into a mineral that is not soluble in water.
Use PhosLock after each algae control application and every six weeks thereafter. If the pH value of the pond water is above 8.8, pre-treat the water first.
Sprinkle PhosLock across the entire pond. Do not touch or dissolve the product before use!
Filters and other systems can continue to operate as usual and fish can remain in the pond during the application of PhosLock.
Recommended dosage information:
Add 50 g PhosLock per 1000 L pond water.
If the phosphate content is over 1.0 mg/L per 1000 L pond water, add 75 g PhosLock per 1000 L pond water.
With the right dosage, you can bring down the phosphate level to less than 0.035 mg/L.
Hazard and precautionary statements
Signal word: Danger
- P101 - If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102 - Keep out of reach of children.
- P305+P351+P338 - IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P313 - Get medical advice/attention.
- P261 - Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P280 - Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+P312 - IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTRE/doctor if you feel unwell.
- P402 - Store in a dry place.
- P501 - Dispose of contents/container according to proper regulations.
- H318 - Causes serious eye damage.