Tetra Safe Start
(€ 103,96 / l, Price shown includes 20% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Contains specially bred, living nitrifying bacteria that have been proven to reduce toxic ammonia and nitrite in the aquarium
- Shelf life of 12 months without any cooling at temperatures between 20-30 ° C
- Can be used both when setting up an aquarium, after a medication application and after every water change
- Ideal in combination with Tetra AquaSafe, which promotes the settlement of bacteria
Item no.: TET-175655, Content: 250 ml, EAN: 4004218175655
Tetra SafeStart is a water conditioner for freshwater aquariums that activates the aquarium immediately and creates a biologically active living space for a safe aquarium start.
The water is not clarified mechanically by a filter system alone. Special bacteria are required for the conversion of ammonia to nitrate, which find a large space in a sufficiently dimensioned filter system. With the use of Tetra SafeStart, the aquarist creates optimal conditions for good bioactivity in the aquarium. A widespread opinion that predominantly the bacteria of the Nitrobacter group are active as nitrifying bacteria in the aquarium has been scientifically refuted. In natural biofilms from aquariums, Tetra Research was able to identify the bacteria of the Nitrospira strain as the predominant representative of the nitrite-reducing bacteria. The ammonia, which is also very harmful to the fish, is broken down by bacteria of the genera Nitrospira and Nitrosomonas. The latest discoveries in microbiology ultimately led to SafeStart's product development.
Without biological filtering of aquarium water, the ammonium from protein breakdown is converted into the toxic substance ammonia and further into nitrite, which is harmful to fish. The live, specially grown bacteria in SafeStart ensure a safe breakdown of the ammonia and nitrite content and thus demonstrably support healthy bio-activity in the aquarium. The ammonia content is reduced by up to 14 times and the nitrite content by up to 10 times. Tetra Safe Start is ideal in combination with Tetra AquaSafe, which promotes the settlement of bacteria.
Shake well before use.
1. Treat tap water with AquaSafe. 2. Add 5 ml SafeStart to 6 l aquarium water. Recommended water temperature: 20 ° C. 3. Use a moderate number of fish - ask your pet dealer for more information. 4. Feed limited amounts during the first 2 weeks.
Oliver Knott recommends:
Tetra SafeStart optimises the start of the aquarium immediately and creates a biological habitat in which all fish feel at home right from the start!
Questions & Answers about Tetra Safe Start
English reviews written for Tetra Safe Start
1 customer review in all languages
We do not have any reviews in English yet, but we do have 1 reviews available in another language.
- No reviews available