For adhering decorative materials
The JBL AquaSil is a special silicone for aquariums and terrariums and is suitable for the repair and manufacture of frameless aquariums made of glass and for bonding decoration, such as rock structures and is offered in different units.
JBL AquaSil is a one-component, moisture-curing silicone rubber with special properties: very fast curing, high notch resistance, great adhesive power. Small amounts of acetic acid are released during curing. After curing, JBL AquaSil is completely odourless, non-toxic and physiologically harmless.
JBL AquaSil is ready for use: open the cartridge by cutting off the tip with a sharp knife, screw on the dosing nozzle and cut to the desired thickness. Insert the cartridge into the appropriate processing device. Use the slide piston provided with the cartridge. The surfaces to be glued must be clean, free of grease and dry. Aquariums should be rinsed with clear, lukewarm water before first use in order to remove any acetic acid residues.
- Viscosity: pasty, stable
- Shore A hardness (DIN 53505): approx. 25
- Temperature resistance: -40 ° C - + 180 ° C
- Skin formation time: approx. 10 minutes
- Curing time: approx. 2-3 mm / 24 hours
- Density: 1.02g / cm³
- Tear resistance (DIN 53504): approx.1.40 N / mm2
- Elongation at break (DIN 53504): approx. 575%
- Tensile strength at 100% (DIN 53504): approx.0.5N / mm2
Our expert Oliver Knott recommends:
JBL AquaSil is a special silicone for the repair and manufacture of frameless glass aquariums.
English reviews written for JBL AquaSil
- No reviews available