Tropica CO2 System BIO
A constant CO₂ supply for plants
For aquatic plants to grow and thrive, they need to be supplied with essential nutrients. Carbon dioxide is one of the most important nutrients that plants need to carry out photosynthesis. If your aquatic plants do not seem to thrive, look unhealthy or have dull colours, it is usually a sign of CO₂ deficiency. If this is the case, CO₂ can be supplied in various ways.
Tropica's CO₂ System Bio offers the optimal solution for adding CO₂ to aquarium water. The recyclable system is extremely easy to install and use. Thanks to the refill packs that can be purchased, the system can be used for a longer period of time.
Tip: CO₂ supply improves the growth of Easy and Medium plants.
Note: The manufacturer recommends using the System Bio at a room temperature of 20 to 25 °C.
Instructions for use:
- Fill the bottle with 300 ml of warm water. The water temperature should be around 50 °C.
- Close the bottle with the cap without a vent. Shake the bottle vigorously for a minute until the contents of the bottle are thoroughly mixed.
- Set the bottle aside for at least 24 hours at room temperature. After 24 hours, the contents of the bottle should have turned into a gel.
- Place the CO₂ diffuser in clean water to soak.
After 24 hours:
- Add one serving of Activator to 200ml of lukewarm water. The water temperature should be around 35 °C.
- After 5 minutes you can start stirring the mixture. Stir until the Activator has dissolved in the water.
- Pour the mixture with the dissolved activator into the bottle.
- Place the seal in the cap with the vent hole and place it on the bottle.
- Attach one end of the air hose to the bottle and the other end to the CO₂ diffuser.
- Place the connected CO₂ diffuser in the aquarium water.
- The diffuser should now start producing CO₂ in the water. Depending on the water temperature, it can take up to a few hours for the first CO₂ bubbles to appear.
CO2 System Bio